Thursday, November 10th, 2:00 PM EST
If you know a high school student interested in pursuing a career in the arts – please forward this information so he/she can watch this 2 hour presentation on line! 2PM on Thursday, November 10, 2011.
The Hippodrome Foundation, Inc. (HFI) presents: Making “The Right” College Decision – a discussion about the differences and the advantages of a BFA versus a BA degree.
Sponsored by the University of Maryland, Baltimore – this panel discussion will review topics that parents, teachers, and students have debated for ages…which type of degree (BFA vs. BA) is best for students who strive to pursue a career in the arts? Experts from several colleges will review advantages of each. The participating panelists include:
- Judy Bartl, Program Director Theater, Arts & Dance, University of Minnesota, Guthrie Theater
- Scot Reese, Head of Theatre Performance Cluster, University of Maryland, College Park
- Joan See, Founder and Artistic Director, The New York Conservatory for Dramatic Arts
- Tim Vasen, Acting Director of Program in Theater, Princeton University
- Alan Wade, Professor of Theater, George Washington University
HFI provides free outreach and education programs for our community thanks to support provided by the Baltimore County Commission on Arts & Sciences, the Maryland State Arts Council, and private donors like you. To find out more about HFI – go to www.hippodromefoundation.org or call Olive Waxter at 410-727-7787 ext. 104.